Recognizing and Priority Characteristics of Business Model Innovation Using Meta-Synthesis and Shanon Methods
Seyed Mohammadbagher Jafari
Business Model Innovation,
Innovation in Content,
Innovation in Structure,
Innovation in Governance,
Innovation in Value Capture,
Nowadays, the importance of nobility has cumulatively grown among increasing competition between corporations and myriad of researchers and managers gravitate towards business model innovation as the guarantor of profitability and persistence. In spite of various models and frameworks related to business model innovation, no comprehensive model has been proposed so far to recognize and priority characteristics of business model innovation. In order to proposed a framework by systematic literature review of articles indexed in WOS and SCOPUS have been collected and 42 selected articles have been examined, interpreted and eventually combined by means of meta-synthesis method. It was found that the characteristics of business model innovation can be categorized as the overall four frames of innovation in content (including 2 macro-definitions of 1.value chain activities, 2.intra-organizational activities), innovation in structure, innovation in governance and innovation in value capture. Then the importance and priority of characteristics was determined using Shanon method. Eventually, requisite suggestions according to the findings of research have been presented.
51. Wang, Z., Wang, X., & Li, Y. (2007, September). Business Model Innovation in China's Real Estate Industry: the Case of Shenzhen Vanke. In 2007 International Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing (pp. 4209-4212). IEEE.
52. Wirtz, B., & Daiser, P. (2017). Business model innovation: An integrative conceptual framework. Journal of Business Models, 5(1). 14–34.
53. Wu, X., Ma, R., & Shi, Y. (2010). How do latecomer firms capture value from disruptive technologies? A secondary business-model innovation perspective. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 57(1), 51-62.
54. Zhao, X., Hwang, B. G., & Lu, Q. (2018). Typology of business model innovations for delivering zero carbon buildings. Journal of cleaner production, 196, 1213-1226.
55. Z Zimmer, L. (2006). Qualitative meta‐synthesis: a question of dialoguing with texts. Journal of advanced nursing, 53(3), 311-318.
56. Zott, C, & Amit, R. (2012). Creating Value Through Business Model Innovation. MIT Sloan Management Review, 55(2), 71–80.
57. Zott, C., & Amit, R. (2010). Business model design: an activity system perspective. Long range planning, 43(2-3), 216-226.
58. Zott, C., Amit, R., & Massa, L. (2011). The business model: recent developments and future research. Journal of management, 37(4), 1019-1042.